Make your own free website on


U-14 Results

** Calendar 2008 **
Recent News
Harps Lotto
** Teams **
Youth Section
Management 2009
Club Committee
Club History
Photo Album
Forum | Group
Contact Us

U-14 Results 2008
Feile na nÓg
Derrygonnelly 6-10
Roslea           3-12
Another very good performance from the young Harps, who at the end were well worth their 7pt win, against a Division 1 team who looked bigger and stronger all over the field. After 15mins Roslea had moved into a 6pt lead and looked to strong for the Harps but with a few switches made the Harps got a grip on things and with good quick early ball into the forwards they were completely on top for the remainder of the half to go in at half time 3 up.
The Harps continued the same in the second half and at one point moved 12 in front but Roslea to their credit never gave up and came back strong in the last 10, at one point pulled the lead back to 4 and but for a brilliant save by Harps keeper it would have been down to 1.
Best for Harps were Sean Farrell in goals, Richard Thompson, Paul Mc Hugh and Denis Greene in defense, Stephen McGullion and Gavin Dolan worked hard in Midfield and Garvin Jones, Leigh Jones and Gary Mc Kenna up front.

Derrygonnelly Harps    4-09

Erne Gaels                 3-14


This was a brilliant U-14 game with great football played throughout from both sides.

The harps started very well getting 2pts from their first two attacks and dominated the first twenty minutes to move into a 3-03 to 0-03 lead but the last 10mins was all Erne Gaels with the harps struggling to get out of their half and by half time the scores were level 3-04 to 1-10.

First half scores goals, Garvin Jones and Leigh Jones (2) with points coming from Gary McKenna and Gavin Dolan.

The second half was every bit as entertaining as the first with play going from end to end with 10mins gone Belleek had moved into a 2pt lead and then took a firm grip on the game in the next 10mins with the harps conceding two soft goals with one long ball bouncing in the square and finding its way to the net.  But the Harps were not going to go down without a fight and the last 10 they went about pulling back Belleeks 8pt lead with some great one touch give and go football got 2pts from Jones and McKenna and in between Belleek had their keeper to thank for two great saves. With a few minutes to go Leigh Jones thundered a 20yd free to the roof of the net to close the gap and suddenly Belleek were holding on with the Harps winning the kick out and Gavin Dolan pointing. But unfortunately time ran out and Noel Davis whistle brought an end to a very entertaining contest.

For the Harps Tara Mc Loughlin was sound in goals with good kick outs R Thompson, J Jones and P Mc Hugh great in the full back line. S Duffy, D Greene and S A Keaney worked hard in half backs. G Dolan worked tirelessly and S McGullion never gave up. D McGovern, L Jones and G Jones kept driving things on with great support coming from S Gilroy, G McKenna and P McHugh also the subs all playing their part.

Derrygonnelly (Winners)
This game was all too easy for the Harps, with them completely on top from start to finish, running up a massive lead by half time.
I suppose the only benefit of this game was that Management were fit to use all the bench with Neill Kelly, Mark Kirkpatrick, Declan Dolan, Aaron Burke, Connor Gilleece and Lee Jones all getting a chance to show what they can do. The game ended with the Harps comfortably ahead.
U-14 Results 2007
Derrygonnelly        5-14
Kinawley               5-03

Derrygonnelly had another good win over Kinawley here but the scoreline
doesn't really reflect on the match.
We started the brighter with scores from Brian Hoy, Declan Duffy and
Christopher Ferguson, but then they hit back with 1-1. Derrygonnelly then
upped their performance and Brian Hoy popped up with a good goal just before
half time. However, Kinawley then banged in three goals within the first
five minutes to leave the Harps TWO DOWN!! But the Harps didnt panic and
points from full forward Hoy and Ferguson changed that to two up and then
came a spree of goals from Eugene Mc Manus, Leigh Jones and Gavin Dolan to
leave us comfortable winners by eleven points.

Reporter: Christopher Ferguson, U-14 Player
Derrygonnelly    4-9
Belnaleck         1-10

This was a good start to the new campaign for the Harps.
Belnaleck started the game well with scores coming from Brian Owens. In
reply for the Harps was Christopher Ferguson with a couple of points and
Eugene Mc Manus with a goal. Owens struck back again with two frees but they
were then unlucky and lost two defenders to injury.
It was still close at half time and it could have went either way, but good
work by Brian Hoy and Eugene Mc Manus in the middle of the park helped us to
a decent start. Points from Ruairi Jones and Ferguson increased our lead but
Belnaleck came back again and a goal by Che Cullen made things interesting.
The gap was down to two points and with ten minutes to go it was still
tight. A great solo effort by Ferguson and a late goal by Michael Mc Gurn
sealed the win. Other key performances for us came from Leigh Jones, Martin
Treacy and Peter Cassidy.

Reporter: Declan Duffy, U-14 player
Feile na nÓg
Derrygonnelly        0 - 09
Enniskillen              3 - 08
The Feile na nÓg crown was claimed by Enniskillen on Sunday evening as they
produced a goal scoring second half display that killed off what had been a
determined challenge from Derrygonnelly.
Played in breezy conditions at the Belcoo ground, it was Derrygonnelly who
had the benefit of the wind in the opening half but unhappily for them they
were unable to make adequate use of it and they were to go in at the
interval just two points clear on a scoreline of six to four.
Clearly they had a very difficult second half ahead of them and when
Enniskillen resumed with an early goal the task for the Harps became an even
more stiff one. They were to battle gallantly to the end and made this an
entertaining and competitive tie right to the end but it was the goal
scoring touch of Enniskillen which was the key to deciding the result.
That early goal for the Gaels was duly followed up by two more and in the
end there was to be a relatively comfortable seven point advantage for the
team who had gone into the contest as the more fancied side.
For the winners there was an excellent defensive display turned in by full
back Ronan McDonagh while in the middle of the park Michael McBride and
Chris Sheridan looked the more purposeful of the centrefield pairings. Up
front for the Gaels, full forward Brian McAleer had an influential match in
an attack which snapped up its chances with fine skill in the second half.
As for Derrygonnelly their goalkeeper Brian Farrell had a splendid match
with a number of eyecatching saves to his credit and Stephen McGullion was a
tenacious corner back. Further up the park for the Harps, Michael Hoy at
half back, Eugene McManus at midfield and Chris Ferguson in the half forward
line all impressed in a losing side which never threw in the towel and
worked exceptionally hard right to the finish.
Points scorers for Derrygonnelly in the first half included Chris Sheridan
who at the end of the hour had a personal tally of six in all, and from
Eugene McManus with Enniskillen's answer coming from Gavin McGinn, Michael
Simpson and Chris Sheridan.
But it was the goals scored in the second half which really counted. First
of these came along five minutes after the resumption, Michael McBride
striking home a ball that had spilled down to him.
Five minutes later a second goal arrived, this one put away by Fintan
Masterson and that score had Derrygonnelly in trouble. A confident
Enniskillen were now well on their way and they put the issue beyond all
doubt some seven minutes from time when full forward Brian McAleer snapped
up his chance and there was no way back for a fading Derrygonnelly
Final Teams
Andrew Sheridan; Fergal Lynam; Ronan McDonagh;Liam Simpson; Finn Corrigan; Niall Shannon; James Ferguson; Michael McBride; Chris Sheridan; Michael
Simpson; Eoin Hamill; Gavin McGinn; Sean Reihill; Brian McAleer and Patrick
Subs; Daniel Cheah; Fintan Masterson; Sean Swift.
Ryan Farrell; Chris Gallagher; Martin Treacy; Stephen McGullion; Dennis
Greene; Peter Cassidy; Michael Hoy; Eugene McManus; Brian Hoy; Declan Duffy; Chris Ferguson; Lee Jones; Ruairi Jones; Michael McGurn; James Flanagan
Subs; Gavin Dolan ; Sean Duffy;
Referee Enda McBrien Derrylin.
Quarter Final
Derrygonnelly    3 - 09
St Patrick's          2 - 09

Derrygonnelly just got the better of St Patrick’s in a well contested tussle, the winners looking that little bit sharper all the way through. They had led by five points at the break but were never able to stretch more convincingly ahead and they were being pushed by a committed St Patrick’s squad right to the finish. A first-half goal from Chris Ferguson had been instrumental in setting up the half-time advantage for Derrygonnelly and they were to add two more in the second half, these coming from Lee Jones on the three-quarter mark and from Michael McGurn five minutesfrom full-time.

This final goal was the one that effectively tied up the result for Derrygonnelly with a gallant St Patrick’s team unable to dredge up a response. For the winners, Lee Jones and Chris Ferguson were to supply quite a tally of points while in their defence, Martin Treacy at full-back and Peter Cassidy at centre half-back capably organised the defensive set-up. St Patrick’s had notched a goal in each half to keep themselves in contention, the first coming from Mark O’Reilly on 25 minutes with Johnny Reilly getting the second on the three-quarter mark. Points for the Donagh boys had been popped over by Rory McGrade but in the end they came just up short of the livelier Harps outfit. For St Patrick’s, defender Patrick McDermott did well with Cahir McElroy featuring at half forward and midfielders Rory McGrade and Johnny Reilly had a good match in the middle of the park.

Derrygonnelly        2-14
Belnaleck                2-05
Derrygonnelly had plenty to spare in this tie with Belnaleck. they led by six points at the interval and though Belnaleck had a stronger showing after the resumption they never made life unduly difficult for the leaders.
All of the games four goals arrived in the second half. Andy Carley who had knocked over a couple of first half points for Belnaleck, shot an early goal to give his sidea lift and Brian Owens then added a penalty strike.
Brian Hoy had a goal for Derrygonnelly which helped to keep the Harps on range but despite the solid efforts of Chris Ferguson, Eugene McManus and Leigh Jones, they were never able to bridge the gap which separated the teams.
For Belnaleck, there were strong showings from defender MAtthew Jackson, midfielder Matthew Fitzpatrick and forward David Curry.
The Harps now go on to play St Patrick's in the Quarter Finals.
Team Played









Enniskillen A




Erne Gaels





Webmaster: Ronan McGurn

Doire Ó gConaile na Cláirsigh
Derrygonnelly Harps GFC

Canon Maguire Park
Co. Fermanagh
BT93 6ER

Tel: 02868641685